Wippersnappers is looking for a Camp Instructor who is passionate about early education, youth mentorship, and having fun!
Job Title: Summer Camp Instructor Salary: Competitive pay, DOE.
We are hiring an instructor who can commit to our 2022 camp season of five weeks in June and July! At Wippersnappers we host indoor day camps for kids ranging from 3-12 years old, providing youth with hands-on opportunities that promote personal growth and a better understanding of engaging with peers and the world that surrounds them.
Wippersnappers is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome any unique contributions that you bring to our program. We value diversity and are committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all campers and employees.
We Invest in Our Instructors!
- A set summer schedule where you know what days and times you will work throughout the summer. – Discounts in our cafe.
- Competitive wage and performance-based bonuses.
- Weekends off!
- Free playtime for immediate family.
- We are hiring Instructors who can commit to all 5 sessions in June and July. Please note that there is a one week break in between sessions to accommodate for the Fourth of July Holiday.
2022 Session Dates and Times:
- Session 1: June 20th-24th, 8am-4pm
- Session 2: June 27th-30th, 8am-1pm – Session 3: July 11th-14th, 8am-4pm – Session 4: July 18th-21st, 8am-1pm – Session 5: July 25th-28th, 8am-4pm
- Set up the camp room each day.
- Sign campers in/out during drop off and pick up.
- Interact with campers throughout the day to guarantee a successful camp day. – Communicate with parents as needed.
- Facilitate schedule transitions throughout the day.
- Lead camp specific activities for youth ages 3-12.
- Behavioral coaching as needed.
- Clean the camp room and make notes at the end of each session.
- Must be 18 years of age and able to pass a background check. – Food Handler’s card
- Ability to be active for the entire shift.
- Have the ability to interact well with children.
- Experience in early childhood education (daycare setting, youth group or camp counselor) is a plus.